Best digital point & shoot camera for someone with no photography talent?


I'm looking to buy a new digital camera, but have no idea what to go for. My last camera was a Canon PowerShot 12.1 Megapixel Digital ELPH Camera, but it started... acting up? I believe it was dropped once, and now every time I turn it on, the screen is fuzzy and green for at least two minutes, which makes it impossible to take pictures when I want.
I'm looking for a basic, yet high-quality camera. I'm the type of person who always takes blurry pictures, so I need something that's capable of getting great pictures even if someone (i.e. me) is moving. I'd also like this camera to be able to fit in a pocket or purse, so I don't want anything particularly bulky. I'm not a professional, and don't want to be. I just want to take pictures on vacation or of my friends/family. I'd prefer not to get a D-SLR camera, as I would probably just get frustrated and confused. I'd like to get a good price, but I can afford something that might be a little expensive.

If you're recommending a camera you have, please link me to

Recommend Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3,Amazing camera! I bought it just before a vacation to Europe and almost every picture (of the 600 I took) was a good one. This camera captures images just as you see them (Eg. [...]) and the zoom is amazing. It has a wide angle lens, so I almost always choose to zoom in to capture things even a few feet away. But the wide angle is awesome ([...]) when you are trying to capture the complete essence of something as big as the sunset or St. Peter's Square.

Generally I don't use the IA setting as some previous reviewers suggested against it. I just have it on auto, and that works for almost every scene.

PROs & CONSs:
1. The start-up is speedy from "On" to "Ready".
2. The battery longevity is only decent. I try to minimize using the playback when I'm traveling.
3. The camera is kind of heavy, but it fits in purses and pants pockets just fine. I just think of the weight as being indicative of the quality.
4. And the menu and settings are somewhat complicated. However, I haven't messed around with it too much, and I still got great pictures. If I put some more time into studying the functions, I'm sure I'd just end up with even greater photos.
5. The picture file size is quite big so downloading onto a computer can take a while.

Overall, everyone I traveled with including myself was really impressed with this camera. I found it by searching for a list of the "Best Cameras of 2009." ([...]) Obviously, I'm not the only one who thinks quite highly of this machine.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3
10.1-megapixel resolution captures enough detail for poster-size prints
12x MEGA optical image-stablilized zoom; 25mm ultra-wide-angle lens
Capture HD video in "AVCHD Lite" format
Intelligent Auto (iA) mode; Face Recognition feature
Capture images to SD/SDHC memory cards
[URL Truncated]

Answer by love me on 12 Jan 2010 07:57:17

A small simple point and shoot auto with very good image quality is the Canon SD1200 IS.

Answer by Vintage Music on 12 Jan 2010 08:02:04

Talent refers to composition. Here is a link for that.

[URL Truncated]

As far as not having the skills necessary to control a fully adjustable camera, that is a matter of learning the technical aspects of photography ... balancing the two is what makes a good photographer.

Look here to do the research to find a nice slim pocket camera that has the features you want.

[URL Truncated]

Answer by fhotoace on 12 Jan 2010 08:21:42

recommend u see here more model to choose and cheap too.

[astore.amazon.com/best-inexpensive
-digital-camera-low-price-20]

Answer by Robert on 12 Jan 2010 08:26:18
Best Answer

I would recommend you
Canon PowerShot SD1200IS 10 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD
DIGIC 4 Image Processor with evolved Face Detection Technology; Face Detection Self-timer
Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings
[URL Truncated]


Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H20/B 10.1 MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom and Super Steady Shot Image Stabilization
[URL Truncated]

Answer by niks on 12 Jan 2010 09:08:40

These days most digital cameras have image stabilization. That can help, but it can't achieve miracles. I don't think you should resign yourself into thinking that you are a person who blurs pictures. You need to give some thought to how to get the picture without blurring it. You might be squeezing the camera up to meet the finger pressing the shutter button. You need to learn to move your finger down without moving the rest of your hand. Mashing down too fast can also cause the shutter to open before the autofocus locks on. Learn to press the button halfway until you hear the chirp of the autofocus, and then continue to press the button smoothly.
In low light without flash shutter speeds will be low, and a tripod may be necessary even for people who are generally good at getting sharp pictures. Getting the smallest, lightest camera makes things harder. More mass helps to steady the camera a bit, but again that won't accomplish miracles, and a steady hold and smooth shutter release need to be used.

Answer by thankyoumaskedman on 12 Jan 2010 09:53:10

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment