What's your recommendation for a good lens for portrait and a beginner zoom lens?


I need a good lens for portrait and also a zoom lens (other than 18-55mm). Please tell me your recommendation based on your experience. Actually, it would be great if there is a zoom lens that is also great for portraits, so I don't have to buy 2 different lenses. I use a Nikon D60, btw. THANKS!

Best Answer

I got a Nikon 18-135mm as a walkaround lens and I'm pretty happy, compared with any other inexpensive kit lenses I tried. Good wide angle, excellent zoom and quality overall good and sharp if used mainly at F8. It will autofocus on your D60. Also buy the legendary 50mm f1.8D, cheap and you'll be amazed by the sharpness. Good for portrait, a bit wide. This is my opinion, I hope will help.

Answer by Yoorala on 08 Jan 2010 01:37:36

If you want to expand your range, but also have a zoom with a nice fast aperture (useful for portraiture) then you really want a 70-200 f2.8. The price of the Nikon version will give you palpatations, so go for the Sigma EX version instead. The nikon is the better lens by a whisker and features VR, but the Sigma is a third of the price, and means you don't need to carry a third seperate lens specifically for portraiture.

Answer by Paul R on 08 Jan 2010 02:02:01

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment