Does anyone know if some one made a conversion kit for a Pentax film SLR to a digital camera?


I hate to abandon my my Pentax film camera its a Super program SLR, I wandered if a replacement CCD back kit to convert it to the digital age.

Best Answer

No. Leica tried that about four years ago. The back cost more than a DSLR camera, so after a couple of years, Leica dropped that product.

Just buy a good Pentax DSLR and use the lenses you have on both. I still have 3, 35 mm SLR's which I use from time to time.

Answer by fhotoace on 01 Jan 2010 01:56:59

That would be nice but like fhotoace stated it is not available. I believe the manufacturers, at least at this time, are not very interested since it is more profitable to get all of us that are already invested in equipment to buy even more.

You mentioned you have Pentax, I think your lenses will work on the Pentax DSLRs but you should check and be certain of this. A good place to find out such details can be photo.net (1st link listed below) where there are forums and you can communicate with other photographers who may well have answers.

I think a camera that you could find of great interest and worth looking into is the Pentax K-x. It is a 12MP DSLR that with 18-55mm Zoom costs about $550.

It has impressive high ISO ability, and HD video. I am a Nikon user but I am interest in getting one.

Below, I listed links related to it, reviews, sample images from the camera, and sample of video from it.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Mark

Answer by Mark on 01 Jan 2010 02:13:02

None. Even for their MF cameras, there is no plan to make one. Kodak made some digital backs for high-end film cameras by Nikon and Canon at the very beginning of dSLR technology but that is already ancient history.

I had the same problem a couple of years ago when my developer started scanning my negatives for digital printing. Their process wasn't perfect so results were disappointing. I was forced to buy a Digital SLR for my next project just to finish it in time. I decided to stick with Pentax and kept my Spotmatics and MXs in the box. With my new K200d my old lenses worked flawlessly and gained focus confirmation (great for my aging eyesight) and Shake Reduction (a must for my trembling hands). The best part is I didn't have to learn anything new. I shoot in exactly the same way I did with film and everything works as it should.

Answer by keerok on 01 Jan 2010 07:35:52

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment