What should I buy with my Nikon D60 DSLR camera?


In about half a month, I'll be going to buy a Nikon D60 (at Black's Photography, if that helps at all) and I was wondering, what should I buy with it? Like, I know I need a case, and something to remove dust (how much would that cost, by the way?) but what lenses do I buy? And ow much is a tripod? Agh so much to consider... what else should I get?

I want to study photography in college, so any pointers about photography are welcome as well... Thanks!

i think that u should see here sometime u may have more idea to buy.

[astore.amazon.com/best-inexpensive
-digital-camera-low-price-20]

Answer by Godony on 01 Jan 2010 04:40:09

Dust should not be too much of a problem as the D60 has a anti-dust mechanism that will help. However, a blower for the sensor would be no more than $20. Tripods vary from $30 to as much as you have to spend! Usually, the more you spend, the better and lighter tripod you get. $100 should buy you a decent enough one. Look at Silk tripods for a good value reliable model. Manfrottos etc are better, but more money. Lenses? It will likely come with a kit lens, (18-55mm). You may want something like the Nikon 35mm 1.8 for good low light shots, and maybe a telephoto like the 55-200VR or 70-300VR. How about an external flash? SB400, SB600 or maybe the Metz 48.

Answer by Jonathan W on 01 Jan 2010 05:12:30

Get a book about basic photography. From there you would know what else to buy after fiddling about with your camera for some time.

Answer by keerok on 02 Jan 2010 12:57:33
Best Answer

First I would get the Nikon D3000 (1st link below is to a review that also has sample images) and it cost about $450 (which is about $473 CS?). That price includes the Nikon 18-55mm VR Lens with the camera.

Start out with that lens and start shooting and learning the principles of photography. While creating and learning then add items as you learn what you really need.

Here is a short list of things you will soon:

***Memory cards - D60 & D3000 use SD and SDHC cards, there many good brands, I like the Sandisk brand, Sandisk make 3 quality levels of card, the good regular card, the better "Ultra" card, and the best "Extreme" card. I would get one notch up, the better cards perform better, record faster and I think help camera battery performance, also the better cards are more reliable.

***An extra battery for your DSLR, get the Nikon brand battery, not a generic, my logic is that if you have a problem with the camera while under warranty, it removes the manufacturer having the excuse of you using another brand battery.

***Camera bags: There are more options here than you can imagine, so I will just say check out these 3 bags as possibilities: Tamrac 5514 Adventure Zoom 4 Holster Bag, Tamrac 5515 Adventure Zoom 5, and Lowepro Nova 170 AW Shoulder Bag. Tamrac, Lowepro and Tenba are 3 of the bigger names in camera bags. My 3 suggestions rally are 2 options. The Tamracs are called holster bag, and holds a camera lens facing down, the 5515 has additional side pockets. The Lowepro Nova 170 is designed to hold the camera and a extra lens. There are many brands with these basic designs.

***Tripod, you can start of with something cheap, maybe buy used but if you want to start off with something good, do some research, read some reviews. There are different tripods for different needs. My most important for me is a Feisol carbon fiber tripod that is very good for me when I travel (light, strong, compact when folded in).

Later investments:

***Lenses - As you discover the various facets of photography and what interests you most you can get lenses that can help. Telephoto and telephoto zoom lenses bring you closer to want you want to shoot and is often used for wildlife and sports for example. If you like still life photos, pictures of small things such as bugs then a Macro lens for close up work can be valuable. Wide angle or wide angle zooms allow you to get a larger area into your shooting frame and is very popular for landscapes for just one examples. Along with Nikon lenses, there are independent lens makers who make lenses that fit different brand cameras. Three that are respected and in general make good lenses are Tamrac, Sigma, and Tokina. (below I provided links to these companies websites so you can see what they have to offer)

Ok, I am rambled on enough now. If you think I can be of any help, please feel free to contact me.

Hope this helps some. Good luck.

Mark

marksablow.com

Answer by Mark on 02 Jan 2010 01:08:57

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment