Why does my Polaroid Spirit 600 camera look different...?


My Spirit 600 was bought at a swap meet for $2 and I was thrilled until I noticed a slight difference about it. It's mostly the same, but I see that everyone else's logo on the top has a little rainbow square logo beside it and a dot above the "i" in "Polaroid." Mine oddly has neither of those things.
I've seen one guy on Flickr who has the same kind as me, but what's wrong with mine?

:

I know these are all aesthetic differences, by the way. x)

Best Answer

Probably nothing.

Polaroid made dozens of identical or very similar cameras with different names and appearance. For example, the OneStep cameras made for Sears had a different color plastic housing and Sears logos, but the camera inside was identical to the camera sold elsewhere.

I can't say why yours is different, but it's probably just one of the many, many model variations Polaroid produced.

Answer by dbaldu on 30 Dec 2009 06:08:46

THe Spirit 600 series of Polaroid cameras were based on three or four different types of Cameras like the Amigo 620, The OneStep 600, the 600 LMS (or Sun 640) or on the 650. So depending on the year of production there are differences in design (technically and optically). Have a look here:

[URL Truncated]

It's from one of the completest websites on Polaroid cameras, you have to scroll down a little to the Spirit series.

Hope it helps and a happy new year!

Answer by Martin S on 30 Dec 2009 06:24:42

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment