Olympus sw 1030 camera -damaged or still in good condition but don't know how to operate?


Hi. Yesterday I tested my camera underwater. We're like under 5 feet under the water and it definitely says that it's up to 10 feet. It was still in good condition until the screen wouldn't display anything, and when I checked the battery portion there was a little water in it.

Could it be severety damaged or will I still be able to operate it? I'm so stressed out about it. Can anybody help me?

Best Answer

If the seals on the camera were not properly seated, you may have damaged the camera.

Go back through the owners manual and make sure you followed the instructions EXACTLY.

If when you open the doors on the camera, make sure that there is NO moisture behind any of them. If there is, take your camera immediately to the nearest authorized repair shop.

Call Olympus and talk to them about your problem

888.553.4448

Answer by fhotoace on 30 Dec 2009 02:57:15

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment