Makes of cameras where you can...?


What type of Digital Camera should I buy? I want one where you can name a picture by talking into the camera and it records you... That's the main thing I want...
But also I'd like the usual stuff like videoing and being able to zoom and stuff. Also the pictures should be at camera quality... not like phones cause they're bad. My one is anyways.

Thanks and sorry that I'm describing tihngs like an infant butt I'm not too knowledgable about this kind of thing.
What types should I look at?

Best Answer

I dont know off the top of my head all the makes and models of the cameras which have the features you want but they are very common features. Also you dont mention if you want a point n shoot, bridge or DSLR camera.

The voice feature you want is called a "Memo" or "Voice Memo" feature. It will be listed in the camera literature or specs. It used to be scarce but I think many cameras now have it.

The zoom and video features are very common. Get a camera which has optical zoom. It can have secondary digital zoom but dont get a camera with digital zoom only. Digital zoom doesnt have the quality of optical zoom.

Video is available in different formats and sizes. It can be 320x240, 640x480, HD etc. Check the file format video is saved in. Some save in Apple Quicktime MOV file format. If you plan to do editing you may need more expensive software to open these files or you may need to convert to something like AVI files before editing so it can be used with any software.

Picture quality of most name brand cameras will be fine for 4x6, 5x7, 8x10 and 11x14 prints if the camera is 5mp and up in effective pixels. Read the specs. Some cameras advertise their interpolated resolution which means they record at lower resolution and software in the camera translates that into higher resolution. This produces lower quality prints. Dont buy unknown brands or store brands like Insignia. Stay with manufacturers who are known for cameras.

Answer by KNDChicago on 30 Dec 2009 06:41:14

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment