Which DSLR is better?


I don't know which one I want considering they are both really good cameras:
Sony A330
OR
Nikon D3000
They are both $499.99 and I've been taking Photography for about 3-4 years.
Thanks

Best Answer

If you've been taking photography for 3-4 years, do you already own Nikon or Sony/Minolta lenses? If you already own lenses for one lens system or the other, it would make sense to stick with that lens system. Beyond that, which camera feels best in your hands? That's your first indicator of a way to go and you can only find out by going to a store and trying the cameras yourself.

The next question for you to answer while handling this cameras is which is easiest for you to use? By this, I mean which is easiest for you to make fast adjustments of aperture, shutter, ISO, white balance and exposure compensation. Both allows these adjustments as will any DSLR but, which is easiest for you?...This is key.

The last question is which produces the images you like best? This is last on the list partially because as your skills grow, you'll learn that you can tweak the images to your liking in post production regardless of which brand camera you choose. But images from some cameras may require more tweaks to meet your satisfaction than others.

After you've reviews both cameras and answered the questions mentioned above, you'll come to your own conclusion about which one to buy. My personal bias is toward Nikon but that's largely because I own a number of Nikon lenses and grew up shooting Nikon cameras. I know their level of quality and I know the D3000 can be used with practically every Nikon lens made since 1959. The Sony can use every Minolta lens made since the mid-1980s as well as a number of excellent Zeiss made lenses so there's no lack of glass for it either but, I still prefer Nikon. Hopefully, with the information I've provided, you can take the time to try these cameras out yourself. Either way, $500 is a lot of money and you are getting married to one lens system or the other and it pays to be sure about what you are buying.

Answer by Eclipse on 30 Dec 2009 07:56:45

it all depends on your preferences, I myself would go with the Nikon, but I say that because I am a Nikon user.

Answer by Ace Ventura: Pet PhotographerT on 30 Dec 2009 08:19:50

Get the one you find easier to use and more comfortable to hold. That will be the camera you enjoy shooting and learning with...

Answer by KB on 30 Dec 2009 10:06:22

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment