Am I inserting the sd card right?


I got a polaroid i1037 camera for Christmas. This is my first experience with a sd card. Of course, the guide says polaroid brand cards are recommended. I bought a Sandisk sd card yesterday. The package says it is compatible with all sd devices. The camera guide says to put it in face side up. I did that and had trouble getting it to go in at all. The card wouldn't go all the way and was a bit stuck. I got help getting it back out. Looking at the little picture on the camera itself, it appears the corner that looks like it got cut off by scissors should be on the left. However, that would require the face side to be down. This makes sense by examining the camera. I'm worried about pushing the card so far in I'll have to open the camera up or something to get it back out. As I said before, this is my first time dealing with a sd card. I very much need help.
In the guide manual, the lens side of the camera is facing down. The face side of the sd card then goes in facing you. When I turn the card the other way (

either get an adaptor
or
go to currys or pc world and ask

Answer by Astronomy Rocks on 30 Dec 2009 09:43:18

I looked at the online manual for your camera. It says insert the SD card with label side up. Would that be label side up if you are viewing the front or back of the camera? I hate when they use terms like that.

The image in the manual shows the label up would be if youre looking at the front of the camera. If youre inserting the card while looking at the back of the camera the label would be down.

Get an adapter to insert an SD card into a camera SD slot? What are you thinking about?

Memory cards go into the camera with very little effort. Follow the image in the manual. It should go in very easily. If not try flipping it but you shouldnt have to. If it takes effort both ways something isnt right.

Answer by KNDChicago on 30 Dec 2009 09:49:00
Best Answer

Generally speaking face up does make sense, but to know how to insert it into YOUR camera, you will have to follow the directions in your user manual.

You did the right thing, not forcing it.

Memory cards slip in very easily if positioned correctly.

If you are in doubt, take your camera and lens into a camera store and have them show you how that process works.

Answer by fhotoace on 30 Dec 2009 09:54:18

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment